How To Hard Reset An iPhone 11, 11 Pro, And 11 Pro Max
iPhone X / XS / XR (no Home button)
With the new iPhone X, XS, XS Max, and the XR, the side button when held down longer actually activate Siri. This means that in order to soft reset the iPhone, you’ll need to:
- Press the volume up or volume down button.
- At the same time press the sleep/wake button.
- Hold until you see the screen above, then slide to power the phone off. (Do not hold this for more than 5 seconds as it will activate the SOS mode on your phone)
iPhones with a physical Home Button
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You’ll be back in your home screen.